Cheryl Crawford, ERYT- 500, RCYT, B.S.Ed.,Yoga Teacher, Co-Grounder
Cheryl Crawford is grounded in compassion and elevated in absurdity, (I’m actually writing this bio myself while pretending someone else is writing awe-inspiring things about me) and is dedicated to connecting children to the power of a seriously playful yoga practice. Working in schools and playing with words, she discovered that students were far more connected to their daily lessons when they felt not only heard, but understood. Seen. Connected. Grounded.
I’ll connect you with some facts because I know you may want to get grounded in our teaching methodology.
- My teaching journey began in the public elementary schools in Atlanta, where I worked as a classroom teacher, reading specialist, and curriculum coordinator for 11 years.
- I got pregnant with triplets. did the yogas, liked it. Mushed that together, the yoga that is…not the triplets, with my love of teaching kids and created a program along with my business partner called Grounded Kids.
- I create curriculum for Grounded Kids, teach yoga to kids in the public schools, teach in the studio at Decatur Yoga and Pilates, and lead teacher trainings internationally.
- I consider Dr. Seuss one of my master teachers and I love fusing his work with yoga sutras. Fusing universally loved children’s books with yoga teachings gives me a map towards becoming more inner literate.
- My teenage triplet daughters broaden and deepen my inner landscape~ particularly the state of Love…and Patience…and Humility.
- I see the state of Joy that yoga brings to all sorts of people, from three-year-old children to men who are homeless. Each of these populations has a lot to teach each other about the universal truths that can help us all be our best selves. That’s why I tune into the people I teach, and share their wisdom with my many different populations.
- I’ve learned how to learn from my students, and even though I certify many of them to teach, they in turn certify me to be more aware and more reflective.
- I’m certified to teach Anusara, Kundalini, Correlation Vinyasa, Hot Core Power, YogaKids, and of course, Laughter Yoga.
- I am great and grateful to have trained under Marsha Wenig, John Friend, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Gina Minyard, Desiree Rumbaugh, Christina Sell and Paul Muller-Ortega and I continue to study with whole-hearted teachers.
I work on grounding into my own heart, so I can uplift and elevate all those I come into contact with. I find that by asking “Are you safe? Are you sound? Are you whole? Are you well?” I can help students of all ages and abilities find the grounding they need to truly soar.
Amy Haysman, E-RYT, RCYT, M.Ed.,Yoga Teacher, Co-Grounder
Amy began teaching Middle School Literature long ago when she was young enough to be mistaken for a student. After the stunning realization that it’s unprofessional to bring a baby to school, she stopped teaching, had another child and earned a Masters in Middle Grades Education. In an effort to find herself, she signed up for yoga and 3 minutes into the first class became completely lost in the idea of making this practice accessible to all kids. By Savasana, her new path was sealed and she soon earned certification through YogaKids and Radiant Child. With decades of experience teaching kids, Laughter Yoga certification and a couple of 200 hour adult teacher trainings*, she co-founded Grounded Yoga, Laughter, Elevation and has taught and trained many others to teach children real yoga in a way that is meaningful to them at their stage in life. Her mission is to teach people how to tap into the unique power of their true nature and use that energy as a guiding light as they navigate the ups and downs of life. It turns out that grounding kids in who they truly are and helping them genuinely express themselves is her life’s purpose and exactly where she’s meant to be found.
*She is grateful to have trained under Mitchel Bleier, David Aukamp, RuthAnn Martin, Gina Minyard, Ross Rayburn, Sianna Sherman and Paul Muller-Ortega, and would be remiss to leave out her ultimate teachers, aka her children, and continues to study with brilliant people from around the world. In fact, lately she’s working on earning 500 hour RYT certification and adjusting to an empty nest.
Bruce Crawford, Managing Partner and “Director of All Things Complicated”
Bruce, although not a certified yoga instructor, he happens to be in love with one….which by the transitive property makes him kinda grounded. With over 20 years of engineering, sales, and business development experience in the telecom/data networking industry, Bruce decided to turn his talents and energy towards growing and developing Grounded, LLC.
With a mindful eye on the business operations aspect, his main focus is to remove obstacles, solve problems, and handle all things complicated so that Amy, Cheryl, and the rest of the Grounded community have more time to “Ground” kids and teens. In this capacity he is responsible for financial reporting, IT infrastructure, web design and operations, e-commerce initiatives, product management, and organizational efficiency.
An avid marathon runner and charter participant in the “Yoga For Stiff Guys” class, Bruce has experienced first hand the positive transformation yoga can enable and is grateful for the opportunity to be working with a talented community of teachers who are dedicating their practice towards “elevating” our younger generation through yoga and laughter.
Margaret Maurice, RYT200, RCYT, Certified Grounded Kids Yoga Teacher and Trainer; Director of Teacher Mentoring
Margaret Maurice is a Certified Grounded Yoga Teacher Trainer and the Director of Teacher Mentoring. In this role, she trains and supports new and seasoned grounded teachers alike. This position brings together her passion and experience as a music educator, where she integrates Grounded Yoga and movement into her classroom, as well as her previous roles in teacher leadership and administration. In addition to teaching music, she currently teaches Grounded and pre-Grounded Yoga classes in Charlotte, NC.
When Margaret isn’t teaching, you may find her next to your mat! She considers herself a perpetual student and enjoys learning from many different teachers, styles, forms and schools of thought. She enjoys deep study, making connections and learning from the students and teachers in her life. Margaret is open to where the journey will take her and smiling along the way!