Step 3: Elements On-Line Training
Date(s) - Feb 1 - May 1
This Comprehensive On-Line Training will prepare you to skillfully teach Grounded yoga to children. During this online training course, you will work at your own pace through seven modules, each with eleven units. You will be required to respond to each unit either with a written entry or short quiz. Your online mentor will guide your progress with thoughtful replies to your answers. The modules each contain enlightening introduction videos, engaging teaching tutorial videos and carefully crafted written lessons to ensure your understanding of Grounded Teaching Practices, Poses, Techniques and more so that you may plan and teach meaningful and fun yoga classes.
- Elements of Lesson Plan
Space Element – Create Themes that Inspire & Motivate
- Earth Element – Grounded’s Essential Alignment Actions
- Water Element – Effective Sequencing & Smooth Transitioning
- Fire Element – Best Teaching Practices
- Air Element – Connections with Stories, Art, Music & more
Lesson Plan in Action – Teach, Reflect & Refine
On-line mentoring includes the following:
- Special recognition on our website as an Elevating Grounded Teacher.
- Short video clip lectures in each segment of Grounded Co-Founders, Amy and Cheryl sharing in-depth principles of teaching Grounded Yoga.
- Video clips of Cheryl and Amy teaching students in Grounded yoga clubs or classes exactly what you are being asked to teach.
- A reflective journey on how to personalize your Grounded lessons, making them authentic to you and powerful for your students.
- Opportunities to create lessons plans and curricula utilizing six different methods, giving you the experience of exploring various class preparation techniques and the opportunity see “planning time” through a new lens.
- Feedback on each submitted assignment through a grade and personal narrative response.
- A visual tracker of your progress and assignments completed.
- Tools to modify or remediate your lessons to fit the needs of your students.
- Practicum allowing you to connect deeper with your learning, preparation and teaching style.
- Any necessary accommodations or alternative methods of learning that you may require to complete this course.
- Highly personalized feedback, assessment of understanding and relevant suggestions based on your responses, teaching circumstances and questions about each lesson prior to you moving on to the next lesson.
* During this module you must take 22 hours of yoga classes with a certified yoga teacher.