Module 7 – Expand (Atlanta)
Date(s) - Feb 27 - Mar 1
10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Johns Creek Yoga
Module 7 – Expand your teaching to special populations
In this module you will expand your unique, grounded and elevated self to serve the world. You will be introduced to the Pre-Grounded program (ages 3-6), you will learn skills for teaching to kids and teens with Special Needs, and will learn best practices for Trauma-Sensitive yoga. This training provides 22 contact hours towards becoming a Yoga Alliance certified Children’s Yoga Instructor.
This 22-hour training includes the following:
- Pre-Grounded Training. Learn the specifics of working with kids ages 3-6 in preschools and in studios.
- Lesson planning, storytelling, songs, games, mindfulness practices and more for ages 3-6
- Practical teaching experience with Pregrounded children
- Introduction to yoga for children with special needs. Every child has special needs and the better we can assess and respond to the individual child, the more effectively we can support their growth.
- Explore appropriate yoga lesson plans for children with Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and other special needs.
- Practical teaching experience with children who have special needs.
- Trauma Sensitive yoga training for youth based on up to date research and experience in the field, including a sample class with parenthetical teaching.
- Discuss potential behavioral challenges and strategies for dealing with them
- Understand the unique fabric and functions of personalized yoga and family yoga classes and create strategies for each.
- Design a brief, population specific yoga sequence using appropriate postures, mindfulness and breathing techniques and then define your next steps in this work.
Materials Provided: Course Manual (pdf)
Other Suggested Materials: Mini Pose Cards, Pose Chips, Small Poster
Tuition: $499 (or $449 with early-bird discount)
For schedules and registration click here
Registering for this event indicates you have read and agree to the Grounded Training Release Form.
Bookings are closed for this event.